Sunday, April 23, 2017

March for Science and Government Buildings Sketchcrawl

To mark a new chapter in the Resistance movement I made a new accordion book to take to the March for Science on Earth day, April 22, 2017. 



Every time I would find a good vantage point to sketch rain would start and I would have to scurry for cover. I did spot my favorite Unpresidented Brass Band right away who were tuning and prepping ahead of the march.


Sketching from the top of the of Morrison bridge allowed me to capture the crowd listening to the rally speakers ahead of the march. Congressman Earl Blumenauer addressed the enthusiastic crowd about the dangers of the government who does not believe in facts or science. 


Always a crowd pleaser–a group of Raging Grannies. 



As the rain intensified I found cover in a parking lot on Columbia Ave. that allowed me to see the crowd as they were turning off Naito parkway. I used the same trick during the Women's March in January.  



Most of color had to be finished at home, as I wasted too much time running away from the rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment